Alexey Brodovitch - a Russian photographer, designer and instructor, most famous for his art direction of fashion magazine Harper’s Bazaar from 1938 to 1958.
Vince frost says that he is inspired by creatives with a real understanding of problems, problem solving and are able to “eliminate all the crap” to make something simple.
These spreads use large images as the basis for the entire layout. The text often follows the curves, angles and contours of the image, and with a good understanding of composition in photography Brodovitch is able to create a similar feeling from the white space in his design. Photography is definitely an aspect which can accentuate the design massively.
- c-kwon likes this
- mydvze likes this
- cont0ur likes this
- barbararigbyday reblogged this from lovecolorfuldesign
- lovecolorfuldesign reblogged this from benbattaglia
- lovecolorfuldesign likes this
- tavistocksquare reblogged this from benbattaglia
- ana-curates likes this
- vihtikmaher likes this
- theartoflivingfromwithin likes this
- sugipu reblogged this from benbattaglia
- cegriffiths likes this
- anjasummer reblogged this from benbattaglia
- adamlewferguson likes this
- markwilsondesign likes this
- swipe-art reblogged this from benbattaglia
- elephantsnever4get reblogged this from benbattaglia
- benbattaglia posted this